Obesity or being overweight is turning into a big problem for people of all ages throughout the world. It is increased at a staggering rate and established itself as an epidemic in the past decade.
The major reasons for this are the deskbound lifestyle a person lives every day at their workplace, unhealthy eating habits, and lack of exercise. The main reason for obesity is a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise. All this happens cause of the growing urbanization and developing technology that has made the physical movement of people very minimal and made their lives super easy!
It is not just harmful itself but also aggravates other medical conditions which are even more harmful. Hence, we need to be aware of the added medical problems that would motivate us to keep our weight in check.
Type 2 diabetes
The excess of glucose in our blood is the major cause for us to get diabetes, this type of diabetes is very harmful as it adds the risk of a stroke and kidney disease.
High Blood Pressure
It can cause hypertension as more the weight more is the cholesterol content in our blood and it exerts pressure on the blood vessels while flowing. It can cause a heart attack and even death.
It is a sleeplessness syndrome which is aggregated by obesity as due to the excess of fat in the body, people start sweating in the sleep which keeps them from sleeping.
Complications in pregnancy
Obesity raises the danger of health issues that may happen while pregnancy. A pregnant woman who is obese may have higher chances of getting diabetes and high blood pressure.
Well, that being said, there are many ways in which one can avoid facing these dreadful diseases. All they need is to follow the points mentioned below.
- Healthy Food- This must be included in your diet vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Water intake- Drinking adequate water avoids you from overeating and keeps you full.
- No Calorie- Limit drinks with added preservatives. Drinks such as sodas, sports drinks, and alcoholic beverages.
Physical Activity notes
- Low Impact Exercises- Walking, Swimming, Cycling; these physical activities put the least level of stress on the heart and joints, thus it is ideal for obese patients.
- Regular Physical Activity- Exercising at least 4 days per week helps in natural weight loss as it burns calories.
To make yourself fit and fine, following the above plans must give you a kick start. For a further dip in the area of fitness, Modi Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh is an ideal place for you to be at. We have a specialist who focuses on you on a one-on-one basis and derives a plan exclusively for your weight loss journey. As a 7-star holistic healing centre, Modi Yoga Retreat helps you relax and live a luxurious life. Our only motto is to make sure that you leave us with the best health condition!